Wednesday, February 3, 2010

When AWESOME isn't a strong enough word.

It is no secret to the reader(s) of this blog that I LOVE improv comedy, specifically the improv comedy of the troupe Stranger than Fiction which includes my High School English Teacher. Tonight, I, along with My Former Boss (MFB) from my summer internship, went and saw a completely new and never before seen improv show directed by my High School English Teacher.

It was based in the era of Jane Austen novels, and is called "The Wheel of Austen." The actors are in period customes and talked in silly voices and it was just amazing. I have tried on several occasions to put Stranger than Fiction and improv comedy into words, but its impossible. If you've ever seen an improv show, you know that it is impossible.

My favorite part of the show, honestly, didn't happen on the stage, but in the seat next to me. Hearing and seeing MFB reactions to what was happening. I feel like a cool person for knowing about cool thinks like Wheel of Austen and STF. I rarely get to feel cool. It's also like I'm giving the gift of laughter to new people, even though I'm not actually invovled. The gift of laughter is the best gift to see recieved. :)

I can only suggest that you go see it, which may be impossible. HOWEVER, they are going to try to record and post a show that they do to the internets. Hopefully, the get to, so that anyone can see this show. It was just so awesome, so amazing that I can't put words to what it is.

I know that when I blog, it tends to randomly be about how amazing STF is, or because I want to link something else, but to be honest, that's the only time anything intersting happens. I'm going to start trying to make something happen, to do my part to change the world around me and write about it. But there is only so much I can do.

I do however promise a daily blog update the week that Video Game Boy stays at the apartment. I'm sure that this week will have blog-able events happening every hour if not every day. This week is fast approaching, and I'm very excited about it.

AND THAT IS THE END OF THE STORY

today is awesome because I love my STF and former boss :)

Books Read: 9
Currently reading: So Yesterday by Scott Westerfeld.

(I'm going to re-post the "cast" list of the code names for people in my blog, mostly so that I remember who everyone is, but also because I have new codenames and new friends)

No comments:

Post a Comment