Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I work in retail. just murder me with a spoon.

Unlike every other blog post I've ever written, this one is going to be filled with angst and hatred toward things. (please read the previous statement in the most sarcastic tone you can.)

As the title suggests, or you know, I work in retail, at a fun little place called Wal-Mart. I've worked at several other retail stores in my day, Barnes an Noble, Kohls, K-Mart, a small grocery chain, and basically this has made me hate people.

Wal-Mart has given me new people to hate.

Living in this part of the Shire, I've never really been fond of the students at a particular prestigious high school near by; mostly because they like to run in front of on coming traffic and think the world owes them because they're smart. I've yet to meet a person, that isn't fictional, who attended that school who isn't a totally fucking fuck.

Its like they've never been in a store before. I had one girl today that literally filled all my bags and had stuff on top of the turn-y thing, AND a poster leaning up against my register, AND a fucking pole. There were people behind her in line. AND SHE JUST STOOD THERE TALKING TO PEOPLE.

I said "Excuse me, but can you please take some of your bags so I can ring in my next order. I don't have any room."

And she said "Hold on a sec, I'm busy." then continued to talk to her friend, then turned around and said "Oh are you waiting for me *giggle*" and then I stabbed her 47 times in the face.

That last part may not be true, because I would have been fired.

ALSO a lady told me that I "don't look like the kind of person that passes up pie."
Thanks for calling me fat old woman, thanks.

I hate my job. I hate it SO hard.

But my shirt should be here soon and I get paid tomorrow so I can buy new shoes.


But, I did see a guy from my class who was over seas, whom I didn't know was home. It was from a distance, but it was nice to know he was home, and gets to be with his wife and daughters. I don't think he was home for the birth of either of his children. We need to bring one more home and then I can start watching the news again.

AND THAT IS THE END OF THE STORY
Today is awesome because I know Chris is home, and really, that's be best thing I've heard in a long time.

books read 37
currently reading: Mockingjay.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that the troops are coming home. That was a war we should not have been in, methinks.

    People, in general, are annoying. I've been especially impatient with them the past few days.

    I was walking behind some freshmen who were walking up the stairs slowish, and I had the urge to tell them to stop yaking and walk faster. And if they ignored me or challenged my authority, I would have informed them that, as a senior with much knowledge, I knew several ways to kill them without leaving a trace.

    This of course isn't true. But it made me giggle, and I felt better after picturing their faces.

    I swear I'm not actually all that crazy.

    ReplyDelete