Thursday, May 26, 2011

The notsome-ness that is my life.

Well, there will be some awesome toward the end, but lets start with the notsome.

I mentioned in my last blog that I have vertigo and the hiccups. After a series of doctor appointments including  an upper endoscopy yesterday we still have no idea what is wrong with me. The new doctor said that I don't have the hiccups, and doesn't know what he raptor-like hiccuping noise I make is. It's annoying, especially since I work with the public and people are not exactly nice about it. Fortuity, however, my manager is, so I haven't lost hours like I thought I would. Especially since I have to go home early sometimes because I literally can't stand up because I'm so dizzy. He's actually the only one who isn't incredibly annoyed by me at work or at home at the moment, which is strangely refreshing. I have more tests today, and next Tuesday and the Tuesday after that. I'm just really looking forward to not getting the weird looks and eye rolling whenever I'm anywhere.

Enough of that.  Now The Awesome

I've been invited to be a part of a collaborative writing project with a whole bunch of people including High School English Teacher. I'm uberly excited about it. I'll try to remember to post something about it on Saturday, but since that's the day that I'll be writing, it may not happen.

This is what the project is the way I understand it. I'm in charge of writing a single chapter of a novel that will come together over the course of Saturday. People can watch the novel actually come together live on the internet. If you're interested you just check here: http://www.johnherman.org/2011/05/20/24-hour-novel-project/ on Saturday and you can watch.

There are a ton of people involved and I'm really excited to have the chance to actually has something to do with the four years I spent in college. I'm, like, so excited that I was thought of to be a part of this project I don't even think I can explain it in words. The only adjective I can think of to describe this feeling is "eiohakjghiewtheklhgihkekhiasjg."  

I miss writing, with everything going on in my life at the moment, between the Abby situation and the raptor noise, I haven't had the time or energy to sit down and write. You guys have probably noticed with my lack of blogging and how few books I read this year. Hopefully this will get me back on track, hopefully, and get me out of this weird funk thing that I've been in recently.

ALSO
STF starts soon, like 3 weeks. *excitement*

AND THAT IS THE END OF THE STORY
Today is awesome because I'm closing with Q tonight! :)

Books Read: 6
Currently reading: Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin
(I've read Anna and the French Kiss and Before I Fall since my last blog)

2 comments:

  1. That's so exciting! I'm going to try and make time to watch that! I hope you hiccups things go away soon :( I wonder if they're stress related?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you like Before I Fall and Anna and the French Kiss? I absolutely loved them both. I managed to snag Lola and the Boy Next Door at BEA, so I'm super excited to read that!

    ReplyDelete