Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I've just kind of excepted that,

That I'm not going to win NaNo this year. I barely have 13k and I'm really not feeling my story. I spend hours staring at the blank word document, and I just can't move it forward. I've gone back and changed the whole thing twice already, and I just can't get it to where I can get more than 10k without getting stuck.

I know it's not about the story its about writing, but I just can't make this story work. I keep telling all my friends that are going it not to give up and just keep writing but with my stupid schedule and my lack of any creative motivation, I'm never going to reach the end. Last year I was living with a person that was competing with me. Here all I have is my parents yelling at me because I don't spend enough time downstairs and spend too much time on the computer. I can't win. Either in life or in NaNoWriMo.

So this is Deanna quiting NaNoWriMo this year, and probably forever, it was fun last year, this year it's just work and I don't need more work on my plate right now.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not going to tell you not to quit NaNo. If it is causing you stress, sometimes it is best to remove that stress.

    However, I would not have the attitude that you are going to give it up forever. Your situation in life isn't always going to be the same. Next year could be great for NaNo writing! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The moment when it ceases to be fun is the moment when you should cease doing it. Stress is part of it, but when it's so overwhelming that it isn't awesome to be part of anymore, it's just not worth it. Massive kudos to you for trying, and I wish you luck on your non-NaNo writing adventures. :D

    ReplyDelete