Friday, December 31, 2010

My resolutions.

As, here anyway, it's 12 hours until 2011, I felt I should post to the internet what my hopes and dreams are for the upcoming year. 2010 wasn't exactly anything special, or really even that good. I mean, I met some really awesome people, but I really didn't do anything fantastic or even a little bit interesting. I want to do something. I want to accomplish something. So here is my list.

  • Lose weight. I've hated the way I look for a long time. I just have to start doing something about it. I mean, no one can love me until I love myself right? I better start taking the steps to be there. I'm tired of complaining but not doing anything about it.
  • Get a real job. I mean, one that has anything to do with the degree I spent four years of my life working for. Don't get my wrong, I love the people I work with at WalMart, I almost like my job, but I've been cashiering my whole working life making shit for money. I want a real job, I need a real job.
  • Move Out!  The apartment with my work friend, isn't going to work unless I have a real job. I can't afford to eat, drive to work, and pay rent on what I make now. I can't have one without the other, and I do not want to be 25 and still living with my parents. I need to get out of here.
  • Write more. I want to have my novel edited by March, but I doubt that's going to happen, so I'm giving myself the deadline of June 1. I want the second draft to be written and happy by the end of 2011. I want to have something to show for my time spent doing nothing on the computer.
    • This includes blogging more. The people that read and respond to this blog and the blogs I read, the people I met this August, I consider you guys amongst  my closest friends, seriously. I just want to hang out with you more.
  • Do something about this Jake Ryan situation, *eye roll* because that hasn't been on my to do list since 2004.
  • Go to Wisconsin to see Deathly Hallows with Casey. Sounds silly, but I really just want to see Harry Potter with someone who loves it as much as I do. I would like it to be the midnight premiere, but I have to work around the schedule of an Improv troupe. You don't understand, Stranger Than Fiction is more important than anything. 
  • During this Epic trip to Wisconsin if I drive: Stop and meet/ hang out with Thursday and Friday of Nerds^5.
  • Do everything I can to meet Tuesday. I mean, she lives the furthest away, and not anywhere along to road that leads to Wisconsin. I will meet her. I will.
  • Complete the 50 book challenge. I should have done it this year. I really should have. 
  • Be happy. Be productive. Be a better person. 
AND THAT IS THE END OF THE STORY
Today is awesome because, if everything goes right, I'll be watching Disney movies with my friends come midnight. If it doesn't, I'll be watching Disney movies by myself at midnight. Either way: DISNEY MOVIES.

Books read: 39 
Currently reading: The Book Thief (gotta finish this by midnight!)

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a pretty solid list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds excellent, good luck! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you can manage it. What have you considered in terms of jobs? What type of thing do you want to be doing? (Besides writing novels, of course. I already know you like doing that. XD)

    ReplyDelete