Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year, Let's try again.

First of all, I want to thank whomever the Anonymous person was who left the beautiful comment on my last post. Thank you very much for your kind words.

Nextly, I want to approach the topic at hand: 2012.

Since I have utterly failed every single goal I set for myself last year, I'm not even going to look back and recap them, therefore dwelling, I'm just going to set new goals, which will look weirdly similar.

Goals for 2012.
1.) Blog once a week in 2012. It honestly shouldn't be that hard. I should be able to find five minutes to angst about my life each week, since that's pretty much what my blog is anyway. I mean, I really shouldn't be self conscious about what I blog is about. I really do appreciate the people who are kind enough to read and comment on my blog, you honestly have no idea. You guys read my blog because can, not because I'm forcing you to.

2.) Save up enough money to get my own apartment, if not actually move into one. I'm opening a savings account on Tuesday, so hopefully, I can make this a reality. Hopefully I won't be blogging from my the same room I was blogging from when I was 12 when the Apocalypse comes in December.

3.) Read 50 book this year. I am going to do this. I can do this. I've already read one. It's only January 1st. That's a good start I think.

4.) Learn to be happy. I've never really really quite understood how to be happy. I'm going to try to figure it out. I'm going to try to make myself happy. I was so close this year. I could taste happiness, but I depend way too much on other people to make me happy. This year I will learn to make myself a better person.

5.) Write more. I basically wrote nothing last year. I need to start writing again. I think that this will help with number 4.

AND THAT IS THE END OF THE STORY
Today is awesome because I'm setting goals, and setting goals is a step in the right direction.

Books read in 2012: 1
Last book Read: Lola And the Boy Next Door By Stephanie Perkins

3 comments:

  1. *high five* I really like that learn to be happy one. Maybe I'll borrow that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might think of happiness as weather. It's here, it's gone, it changes, it morphs, it returns. Perhaps a more helpful verb than "make myself happy" would be "to recognize" it when it's here. We cannot be happy all the time but there are other states of being just as pleasant: content, replete, anticipatory, charmed, loving, engaged...
    good luck from an old neurotic.

    ReplyDelete