Tuesday, January 5, 2010

THIS is what I have to do

So...
It is currently the 5th of January, and I've read 4 books I don't know if this is oddly disturbing, or awesome (please note that I drove to 50 miles north in a snow storm, then got pissed off for no reason at my friend, and decided to drive home, instead of staying at her house which, honestly, if I had any patience, I would have, but I don't so I just get mad and storm off).
I've been reading the Jessica Darling series by Megan McCafferty, which has a lot to do with the recommendation from Hayley G Hoover (http://hayleyghoover.blogspot.com/), and her excitement of the 5th book which came out over the summer or early fall. I watched her video about it, and I was like "I MUST read these books." So I am, and I drove 100 miles in a snow storm to buy the third one, so if there is a better endorsement of the awesome that is these books, I can't really think of one.

I've been reading so much because we don't have internet, except at strange hours of the night, like now, and as much as I love random tv shows, I don't really watch that much TV. So books it is.
I need to start writing again. I promised myself that I wouldn't stay up all night tonight wondering what happens in the fictional life of Jessica Darling and her friends, but I really want to, and right now my sleep cycle is 5 a.m. to 1 p.m. So I have to do something with my time besides staring at the ceiling.

I want to blog and vlog more, be more internet connected as it is, but this normally includes a drive to either Barnes and Noble, (a store which I'm technically not allowed in) or Tim Hortons' (a store in which I feel like I have to buy something to be in there stealing internet from the Comfort Inn across the street).

I need to focus my energy on writing and editing Universe, and to get it up on the Internet again. I liked having strangers read it, it was like it was real or something. Reading Megan McCafferty's books have reminded me why I want to write, I love books like that.

I’m going to write. I’ll be sure to let you know how it goes, I’m sure of it.

AND THAT IS THE END OF THE STORY



Today is awesome, because it was girls night with the girls my roommates work with, and I’m pretty sure I have new friends now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment