Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Novel Hatred

So I've been working on this novel since I was in 6th or 7th grade. I don't mean like actually writing it, I've been toying with the idea since I was 12 or 13. Well I've really started writing for a class, because I have to write a novel of some kind and I also really want to write this.

The thing is that it's a fairly decent novel so far, but I hate it, like hate it. But everyone I give it to really likes it. I know that writing is about what you think about the work but I just have a really hard thinking it's any good. I mean honestly its complete crap.

My prof wants me to read it in class, and I honestly can't bring myself to share the utter crap that I've written with other people. The class with basically praise anything so you can't really trust your peers to tell you what sucks about it. But I know it sucks and I don't want to share utter crap with people who wouldn't see it that way and actually tell you that its good.

I know my friends mean well when they say they like it, and honestly they most likely do like it, but I learned a long time ago that you can't always trust your friends opinions, if they like you they will like your work. One of my friends will tell me what is grammar is wrong with it, which is good I guess.

My other friend will tell me its great no matter what. I know she most likely honestly believes is fairly decent. I mean there is nothing really horrible about it; I just don't like it. It has a decent plot I guess, mildly believable. I don't know, I just don't think it's worth spending 5 hours a day on. I love my characters, I have since I first thought of them, I've grown up with them and changed them and developed them quite nicely, I just can't seem to make the story work in my head.

I don't know, I've been having a really weird week and this might just be part of it, but I haven't liked the story since like mid-January. Maybe I have to get to the part that I've been building up to before I start to like it. I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment