Friday, August 5, 2011

Aidan

I have mentioned Aidan several times in my blog before, but I know it's been a while, so I'm going to reintroduce him.

Aidan is a customer that I met the day after his 7th birthday. He was buying Prisoner of Azkaban with his birthday money and basically told me that he got picked on a lot at school for liking to read and I told him that I would be his friend. That is in, like, October, November, something like that. Every time he's in the store with his mom, they try to come through my line so he can tell me how far along he is in the HP series, and his mom calls me his girlfriend. It's kind of adorable.

Today he found me, and he said that he'd just finished reading Half Blood Prince. He was very angry at Professor Snape (Dumbledore was his favorite character). He hasn't started reading Deathly Hallows yet, but he's very excited to see Harry "murder Snape's face off."

I love the little moments that Aidan talks about every time I see him. I miss that, I miss not knowing and looking forward to each page turn. I'm re-reading the series now, and yeah, every time I read it it's more amazing and some how better than it was before, but it will never be like it is for Aidan now. And I'm really sad about that.

I mean, I'll never be as excited about anything as I was excited about Harry Potter. I'm just starting to come out the denial stage after the last movie. I'm just sad that somehow, nothing will ever be the same ever be the same again.

I mean I'm sure they'll be moments in my life that better than Harry, but nothing will ever do what Harry did for me. No person has ever been there for me like Harry has, and I doubt I will ever care about anyone as much as I care about those books. It's strange really to think about, but it just feels so weird to feel the end.

AND THAT IS THE END OF THE STORY
Because of the faces that people make when you ask them to come to work on Monday just in case you have to get your head cut open because you don't want to explain it to anyone else.

Books read: 12
Currently reading: HP POA

No comments:

Post a Comment