Sunday, August 7, 2011

Deanna likes to copy people.

Because I have nothing to blog about, I'm going to do the book meme that fellow BEDA-er The Antisocial librarian  has been posting this week. I am, however, far too lazy to link all the books like she did, so I'm not going to do that...
I know I did not blog yesterday, I was at a cookout, then I kind of couldn't move (vertigo) I do have a doctor's appointment tomorrow which should fix this. I hope

Day 01 – Best book you read last year: 13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher. This book was just so wonderfully written. I connected so much to Hannah, I just really can't explain how excellent this book is. If you haven't read it, read it now, seriously.                                                                                                                                  

Day 02 – A book that you’ve read more than 3 times: Catcher in the Rye. I love this book, and it was assigned reading in, literally, every literature class It took in college, as well as two of my high school classes. I think normal people would, you know, hate this book at this point, but I gladly picked it up an re-read it over and over.

Day 03 – Your favorite series: I want to say HARRY POTTER! but everyone says Harry Potter, so I'm going with my number two favorite, which is the Jessica Darling series by Megan McCafferty. LOVE
 
Day 04 – Favorite book of your favorite series: Charmed Thirds. It covers Jessica's college years, and when I read it the first time it was exactly where I was in life. I read this book in, like, 7 hours the first time.

Day 05 – A book that makes you happy: The Harry Potter Series. All of them

Day 06 – A book that makes you sad: I have never cried more than when reading Deathly Hallows, so Deathly Hallows

Day 07 – Most underrated book: Ever heard of Bitterroot Landing by Sheri Reynolds? It was recommended to me by my literature teacher in college, she said that she was thinking of using in in her coming of age literature class, which I had just taken. Brilliant book, there's a lot of sexual abuse and really weird shit that happens in it, but I really think it needs more people to read it, because it's wonderful. 

Day 08 – Most overrated book: Unless you count the Twilight Series, I don't think there is really an actual overrated book, so I'm going to take this and name a book that is overrated by my friends. Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin, I mean, I like it, but it wasn't exactly an amazing book. It's gotten a lot of praise and several of my friends say it's, like, the best book ever, but I don't really get it.

Day 09 – A book you thought you wouldn’t like but ended up loving: Breakfast of Champions of Kurt Vonnegut. This book was handed to me because I was complaining about not having anything to read. I remember saying "I'll read this, but I won't like it." Then read the whole thing in like three hours because I loved it so much.

Day 10 – Favorite classic book: The Hobbit. Does that count? DOES NOW

Day 11 – A book you hated: My friend wanted me to read the Anita Blake series by Laurell K. Hamilton, couldn't. I don't know if it was the subject matter or what, I mean it was written well, but I just couldn't stand it.

Day 12 – A book you used to love but don’t anymore: I love all books always. I can't really think of one that I've re-read and didn't like a second time.

Day 13 – Your favorite writer: Maureen Johnson.

Day 14 – Favorite book of your favorite writer: The Bermudez Triangle

Day 15 – Favorite male character: Neville Longbottom, also probably Owen Meany from A Prayer for Owen Meany.

Day 16 – Favorite female character: Luna Lovegood.

Day 17 – Favorite quote from your favorite book: I'm doomed to remember the boy with the wrecked voice-- not because of his voice, or because he was the smallest person I ever knew, or even because he was the instrument in my mother's death, but because he is the reason I believe in God.

Day 18 – A book that disappointed you: Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin

Day 19 – Favorite book turned into a movie: I try not to watch books made from movies because the books are ALWAYS BETTER but Chamber of Secrets.

Day 20 – Favorite romance book: I have never read a romance novel, so I'm going to be all I don't have one.

Day 21 – Favorite book from your childhood: Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder. I LOVED these books as a kid.

Day 22 – Favorite book you own: A PRAYER FOR OWEN MEANY by John Irving

Day 23 – A book you wanted to read for a long time but still haven’t: So I've never read the Lord of the Ring trilogy. I mean I own it, but I haven't read it... I feel like a horrible book nerd.

Day 24 – A book that you wish more people would’ve read: Bitterroot Landing by Sheri Reynolds. READ IT NOW

Day 25 – A character who you can relate to the most: Hannah from Thirteen Reasons Why. I have never related to a character as much as her.

Day 26 – A book that changed your opinion about something: I'm going to say Harry Potter, because it's changed so much about my life that I wouldn't be the same person without reading it. It changed everything.

Day 27 – The most surprising plot twist or ending: Prisoner of Azkaban. Even knowing the ending, still surprised.

Day 28 – Favorite title: Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler, I picked it up because of the title, ended up being a pretty awesome book.

Day 29 – A book everyone hated but you liked: Separate Peace by John Knowels. I read it in a lit class, everyone else legit hated it and nothing nice to say. I read it three times, and each time, I loved it. I don't know why my classmates didn't like it.

Day 30 – Your favorite book of all time: A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving. It changed my life almost as much as Harry Potter. It saved me. This book, honestly I can't say enough about it.

AND THAT IS THE END OF THE STORY
Today is awesome because someone told me that the best way to relieve the vertigo is to lay with my hips above my head. I am totally telling my manager this tomorrow, just to see the look on his face. 
Books read: 13
currently reading: Goblet of Fire

No comments:

Post a Comment