Thursday, August 11, 2011

In which Deanna complains about her job.

Since I work at the same place as my mother and all my friends, I find it very difficult to rage appropriately about things, unless I'm raging, you know, at my manager. He's really good at understand that sometimes I just have to rage. So this is going to be a rage filled blog.

Firstly, yesterday, it was announced that our Manager, was promoted, and will be transferring stores, and that the front end supervisor was basically fired. So we're going to have to break in two new front end people in a matter of weeks. Most of the front end doesn't really like our manager because he's kind of a lot immature, and 24, and he somehow found himself in charge of 50 or so mostly female cashiers and service desk people and he kind of can't deal with it. And most of us aren't very nice to him. But as mentioned in previous blog posts, he's always been nice to me and tends to go out of his way to make sure I'm okay and not going to fall and kill myself. The front end has had a pretty easy time with him in control and honestly, the second he's gone I have a feeling everyone's going to start talking about how they miss him.

ANYWAY, that's not what I'm mad about. I tend to not think before I say things, and one of my friends posted that he was leaving on my facebook wall, it's not a secret by any stretch of the imagination that I think our manager is attractive, an idiot, but attractive. Less than ten seconds after my friend posted on my wall I got a message from a girl I work with asking how I knew about this already since I wasn't at work today and why I always seem to know things that happen to and about our manager before anyone else because she was getting annoyed with how close we are.

I wasn't really sure how to respond so I mostly told her there isn't anything going on and if there was I wouldn't tell her anyway. So it's kind of a good thing that he's leaving soon, so we don't have to go through that fun-ness again, because it was awkward enough the first time. I hate rumor spreaders. So what if I'm friends with him? So what if he comes over my register and asks me how my doctor's appointment went that week? I don't understand why this is important to people. I'm sorry I'm friends with someone who is the same age I am who has similar interests, oh he just happens to be my boss and he's hott. Who cares? Apparently everyone.

I'm not done raging. I have been asking to be trained on the desk since November, I'm supposed to start "Next Week" (it's in quotes because I don't know if he mean actual next week or the next schedule that comes out next week.). I was just sitting in the break room with one of the CSM's and my friend that works service desk. My friend asked me when she would be training me and I said "Next week." The CSM then flips her shit at me telling me that she didn't know that and that our manager needed to tell the CSMs that before promising me anything.

In my head I was like, whoa, back up bitch. You know I want to be over there, you're the one who suggested it. Do not yell at me because our manager didn't clear it with you first.

Outwardly I was like, *shrug*.

Some days I just really hate my job.

AND THAT IS THE END OF THE STORY
Today is awesome because I convinced my friend that tomato plants are actually celery sticks.

Books read 13
Currently reading GOF

No comments:

Post a Comment