Monday, August 1, 2011

Hello August!

Hi, fellow BEDA writers, welcome to August.

I promise to go through all the people on the BEDA list and follow their blogs, but today that's kind of too much for me. I have vertigo (it basically means I'm constantly dizzy which sucks about 300x worse than you're thinking it does) which right now is really horrible and making it very difficult to sit up, let alone type, so I apologize for the shortness of this post.

I look forward to reading the blogs of the people I met through this last year, and meeting new bloggers.

I'm going to do a quick introduction like thing, if you have any questions or just want to know anything about me, leave a comment and I will get back to you tomorrow.

Who are you?
I am Deanna, I'm 24, and I currently live in Southern New Hampshire

Why are you doing this?
Maureen Johnson told me do, and frankly, I do everything Maureen tells me to do.

Why will I be reading for the next 31 days?
I blog mostly about my life, which is boring, very boring. Unlike last year, however, I have friends now! and a job! so my life isn't quite as boring, but there is only so much I can tell you about the inter-workings of being a Walmart cashier.

My manager is an interesting person, however, so expect to hear about him a lot.

I will also probably, depending on what everyone else does, post meme's and such to keep it interesting.

Also on Tuesdays I go to an improv show, only, if you are a regular reader of the blog you'll understand this, there will be a lot less talking about Jake Ryan, because Jake Ryan is a jerkface with an apparently secret girlfriend, but on Tuesdays expect excitement about improv and on Wednesdays expect hand spams of what happened the night before.

Hogwarts House:
I am a Slytherin.

Anything else?
At the end of my blog I always have a "how many books I've read this year" and a "currently reading" as well as a "why today was awesome". I'm really far behind my goal for reading this year, mostly due to work, being sick, and my work schedule... I also end every blog post with the phrase "AND THAT IS THE END OF THE STORY" because I love John Irving novels.

AND THAT IS THE END OF THE STORY
Today is awesome because glaring at my Manager is just as effective, if not more, than talking to him.

Books read: *cough* 11 *cough
Currently reading: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, I know a thing or two about, ahem, unflattering jobs. But the one good thing is that you usually leave having at least a few good stories to tell!

    Looking forward to reading your blogs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the "Why is today awesome" thing! I try to do that on especially bad days myself, or whenever I find myself being particularly whiny and tag it with Silver Lining!

    ReplyDelete