Friday, August 14, 2009

Explaining the hand spasms

I feel I should explain that hand spasm of a previous blog post.

Basically, I work with a bearded guy, commonly referred to as "awkward guy." I managed to:

a.) Talk to him
and
2.) Take his picture non-creepily

NOTE: need the picture for my internship presentation at school.

Also, NOTE: that I have been working with and having "normal" conversations with him for 8 weeks now. "Normal" in the Deanna sense of normal, which happens to consist of this:

Awkward Guy: “What are you doing?”
Me: “Eating a bagel, I believe next I go hit on Debra but I don’t remember.”
Awkward Guy: “Let me know when you’re done with that.”

And him bestowing hand-fireworks upon me, just for me. <3

Yet, I still freak out before and after having to talk to him, and am very excited that email exists because, even though I can see his desk from my office, I wouldn’t have completed anything if I had to go talk to him every 20 minutes. Let’s just say that walking around the shop, whilst it should be boring and lame, is mildly exciting. Even if I’m holding a clipboard and trying to figure out what he is saying as he talks into a fan (true story).

As a friend of mine, you can easily see how I’ve managed to develop a completely ridiculously sized crush on this person. And why I will be sad for a while that he is leaving today, and I can’t creepily visit him under the pre-text of visiting my boss/ my dad. But I have my non-creepy consensual photograph.

Also, with much help from the text messages for JenJen (http://www.ilessthanthreeyouu.blogspot.com) I searched for him on facebook, but sadly he doesn’t have one. :(

AND THAT IS THE END OF THE STORY

Today is awesome because even though it is Awkward Guy’s last day, we all (safety department) get to eat lunch today at Apple Bees together. And I’m invited.

No comments:

Post a Comment