Friday, August 21, 2009

Last day of Job

I just got back room my “last day of work dinner” with the rest of my department. And I have to say, it was a little depressing. Mostly because it was my last day, but also because this time last week, we were at another “last day of work dinner.”

I think that this weird, sad feeling will go away when I’m not sitting here very day waiting for an e-mail or an awkward 3 sentence conversation that consist of a completely ridiculous question, an obnoxious answer, and “Yeah, about that.”
(ex.
AG: Do you have an email address?
Me: No.
AG: Yeah, that was a stupid question.)
I think I just have to get used to change, and growing up. He’ll be back someday, I hope. There was just strange perfect-ness that happened. I think it’s a good thing when people on both sides of the relationship are weirded out equally by each other. I kind of feel you (stranger/Jen) get it.

I had this conversation with My Boss on Wednesday:
My Boss: “Do you think he’s left handed?”
Me: “No, he’s just doing that to mess with you.”
Almost the same, except she believed me for a minute and then asked the guy if he was creative.

(I had her abbreviated as MB, but I never want to see those letters next to each other ever again.)

I also decided that next fall I’m coming back here. I honestly really enjoyed it. I also feel I give My Boss a sense of normal, or someone who will listen to her complain. I will miss her about as much as AG. BUT I can, at least, visit her with her being my Dad’s best friend and all. And when I return next September, she’ll be here. Unless she goes completely insane, this is completely possible.

I know I won’t work here forever, since I’m going to become a famous author, and you blog reader, will be all “I used to read her blogs about how she missed that weird guy she worked with!” And when I leave here, hopefully I can make some intern just as depressed as I have been about AG, or, you know, have an awkward guy of my own. Although leaving a job because you’re famous is less awesome, or maybe just awesome in a different way, than why AG left.

I think that is enough self pity for one day. I’m making my video in response to JenJen’s video tomorrow. You do even know what you’re in for.

AND THAT IS THE END OF THE STORY

Today is awesome because it’s my last day, and I get to sleep in tomorrow. And it’s like The Who day for Edgar Allen Ipoe

No comments:

Post a Comment