Friday, July 31, 2009

I quit my job!

My crappy ass weekend job, not this one, but I do leave here on the 21st. And I'll be very upset about it, because I kind of love this job; not a soul crushing weight jumping off my chest, like I did when Adam said to me "So that will be it then?" and I said, "Yes, I'm leaving this place." And then mini happy danced in the parking lot. There will be a bigger happy dance doing down on 22nd when I leave for good.

Today the guy I work with isn't here (sad face), so I'm kind of worried I won't have anything to do. And I forgot my book (and my Gryffindor neckless) on the coffee table. So I'm going to have to play on Google News for most of the day (Just discovered that in fact, my boss will be in safety orientation all day, so I'm left alone.).

Yesterday was a day similar to how today will end up being, and yesterday I ended up too bored to listen to music, which is horrible. Mostly because listening to music is what I do when I'm bored.

I read a news article about how if you overwrite your iPhone Operating System, drug dealers will hack your phone and all children will become crack addicts. Actually, I read and article about how Apple said that, and how ridiculous it made them sound. Apparently it will also cause the end of the world: cell towers will crumple, instant communication will cease to exist and it will be like we live in like the 80's or something, before Internet and cell phones! OH NO!!

I wish I could find the article, I should have emailed it to myself, but I didn't. It was hilarious. Considering most of the news stories these days are about people decapitating infants and murdering expedient mothers stealing their fetuses (feti?), reading one about how Apple doesn't want to you write over your iPhone OS or life as we know it will no longer exist is LOL-able.

Tonight is the opening of a weekend only improv show!! It's a battle improv, and I don't really know what that means, but it should be interesting. I think that my boss actually made need to sit and laugh at other people for a while to de-stress her. She's very stressed, and doing 3 jobs. And gets blamed when people injure themselves. Totally not her fault if parts of your body that shouldn't be anywhere near a clamp ends up in it.

I'll be sure to let you know how the improv show goes. I'm sure it will be improv with a capital G! But I also know you're DYING to find out about it!

AND THAT IS THE END OF THE STORY

today is awesome because I get 4 improv shows this week instead of 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment