Wednesday, July 29, 2009

With a capital G

Since I have nothing else to do at the moment; I've been writing some novel, which will be posted on the webook page that I'm sure there is a link for in this blog somewhere but I will link to if I remember when I get home.

The chapter I'm writing is kind of weird and very nostalgic and I love it. And It got me thinking about all the weird things I used to do with my friends in middles school and the stupid nicknames we gave each other.

There was a point in 7th grade that we all decided we had to have an "M" name. Because most of our friend had middle names that started with "M," but eventually we all ended up having some really weird nickname that made no sense, like "JoBl" or "Dez" or "Pheebs." Most of these stuck for quite a while, and I still call my friend Christina "Pheebs," which I'm sure confuses people that read her wall posts. Especially since everyone else in the world calls her "Red."

There was also a weird thing we used to call things that are awesome, and this was saying "With a capital G!" at the end (example: This juice is delish, with a capital G!). The only thing we didn't say "with a capital G" after were things that had a g in them (If the juice in the last example was grape, no capital G). I have no idea how this started or why I continued to say this phrase until I was a sophomore in high school, but I did. And I kind of want to bring it back. This is mostly because I totally just said it to a person I work with on accident, and like every time I say something ridiculous (example: person "what are you doing right now?" me: "Eating a bagel, like an intern. I believe next I get to hit on Debra but I don't remember") they walk away and then email me what they were going to say because I'm almost to weird for them.

I think that "with a capital G" could be an awesome catch phrase (or if you will a catch phrase with a captial G!). It's kind of almost ridiculous, but aren't all catch phrases?

So here, on the blog that no one really reads, I'm declaring the return of the phrase "with a capital G." Use it. Love it.

AND THAT IS THE END OF THE STORY

Today is awesome because I woke up almost and hour late, and still got to work early. Win

No comments:

Post a Comment