Friday, July 24, 2009

Serious question

I was thinking about something lately, mostly because I'm highly self-conscious and concerned. And also constantly think that this is an issue.

If one of your friends smelled really bad, would you tell them?

I have this weird feeling that I always smell horrible. Its not like I don't shower or use soap or whatever, I'm just highly concerned that I smell bad. I always have.

I think it's been bothering me more now that I work within close proximately to people my dad works with, and will work with after I go back to school, and I don't want them to go up to my dad and be like "your daughter smells really, really bad. I'm so glad she's gone."

I will seriously have nightmares about this situation after I leave here. Horrible real life like visions that actually no one likes me, because I have this weird horrible smell that I'm not aware of and no one would tell me about it.

So, seriously, if your friend smells bad will you tell them? More importantly, if I smell really bad, will you tell me?

And that is the end of the story

Today is awesome, because I really don't know this smelling bad thing has been bothering me.

NOTE: None of my friends are smelly. Knowing how I feel about the smelling bad thing, I would totally pull you aside and be like "Dude, you smell bad." I promise.

5 comments:

  1. yes, I would (and have!) really good friends should be able to say things like "you smell gross, go do something about it" or "your underwear is showing" or "you got a huge booger hanging from your nose" without it being a big deal. just looking out for one another. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @tracyfisher

    I'm glad that if you were around here, I totally won't have to worry about the "do I smell bad" situation.

    Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny, I was recently talking with someone who seems to be guided by her sense of smell. She was just telling me that, before she learned our names, she used to label a friend of mine and myself as "smelly guy" and "friend of smelly guy" respectively.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i will tell you if you smell if you promise to tell me if my hair looks weird. :)

    ReplyDelete