Friday, August 13, 2010

Guess who got a job??

Snape?

NO, ME!

Every time someone asks me a question my immediate answer is Snape? NO ONE EVER GETS IT. Except you guys, because you guys are Made of Win.

Before I get into Blogging mode, Thank you very much Maggie for your comment yesterday. I'm glad you liked it, and publication is my eventual goal. Perhaps one day, you will receive a magical advanced Reader's copy. :)

Back to the blogging! In the quest to get sad crappy part time job, I had to make a phone call to my former boss. If I'm going to be 100% honest with you, I have probably have the weirdest collective group of friends anyone one person had. It includes my 11th grade English Teacher, Random Improv comics, my Former Boss, who is a legit CRAZY PERSON, and three people I've never met that live far, far away, and you guys, I've decided you guys are my friends. I hope you're okay with this.

 The person I'm probably the closest to lives the farthest. I have no friends that are either a. my age or b. live within hang out for the day driving distance. most of them live in this box I'm typing into. How did this happen? How did I become that person with no "real life" friends? It's so weird to think about. Not that I don't truly love my Nerd Girls, but it's weird. I've never met them and yet it feels like I've known them forever in a good way.

Laura, wrote a post yesterday about this same thing, which is why I was thinking about it. If I was to sit down and think about this, Laura is my best friend. We talk almost all the time. Today we became Pen Pals, because we're awesome, and we've never met.

This was going to be about how I got a job and how weird My Former Boss is, so is SO WEIRD, but I love her.

Actual Google Massage chat we had while she was on the phone with my new employer:
HER: Are you a terrorist?
ME: Not that I'm aware of.
HER: OK.
HER Have you ever been trained or plotted terrorist actions?
ME: No, WTF are you talking about?
HER: Have you ever trained anyone in the ways of terrorist?
ME: still no, seriously WTF?
HER: Just the questions they're asking me. LOL

This was my background check I guess.

I think I've rambled about nothing long enough, right? *omnipresent voice* RIGHT! right.
My phone alarm went off, it says it's "Joe Walker in a dress time."

AND THAT IS THE END OF THE STORY
today is awesome because soon I'll be able to buy t-shirts and get an oil change!

Books read 36.

2 comments:

  1. Reply to a few posts back:
    "douche canoe" - lol, I gotta use that one of these days.
    And yay for job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Very Potter Musical/Sequel quotes are useful EVERYWHERE. Doesn't matter if people get it or not. Also, Joe Walker looks disturbingly good in a dress.

    And YAY! Advanced Reader's Copy! *does ARC dance*

    There is a dance for everything, including getting a job. =D

    ReplyDelete